Background

Friday, February 25, 2011

There is always a first

I tried my first bag pattern. Wow did a pick a difficult one! It is fig tree & co. My Paris Traveler's bag. I had my mom help me with it while she was up for my niece's b-day. I know the mistakes that I made. So if I ever try this again, I will know what not to do.



The bag is quilted first and then put together. There are very large gussets and funky handles. It took a good day and half just to make it with two people working on it.




I used some central park and sugar pop, plus some other funky print on the handles.


If you enjoyed this post please go visit me at my new blog Jenniffier's Sometimes Creative Life  where you will find more projects just like this.
post signature

Linking up to:
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
Fresh Poppy Design

7 comments:

  1. Nice! I think it was well worth all the effort! Cute fabric you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag. I have just started making bags, too, but started with a simple market bag and then gradually started making them a little more complex. Your bag looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jenn! Looks like you did a great job on your bag! The second one is always easier, no matter how long you've been sewing!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how frustrating it can be when a project takes much, much longer than expected. It's beautiful, and I love the colors! Makes it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bags can definitely be a challenge. I have to ask, what did you learn not to do the next time around?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is wonderful! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a very useful bag. I really like the fabric. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting and taking the the time comment. As long as there is an email assoicated to your comment, I will do my best to reply your comments. However, sometimes life just gets in the way. Please know that I read each comment and they make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn